Monday, October 12, 2009

girls retreat!

Friday and Saturday (the 9th and 10th) I went on the Mission28 girls retreat. I learned so much about God in those two days, particularly Saturday. The two messages were helpful, but the thing that impacted me the most was the hour and 30 minutes they gave us for personal devotions. During that time, God revealed a certain sin in my life that was keeping me from enjoying Him. Then He showed me what I needed to do to combat that sin and change. The rest of my devotions I cried out to God to give me grace to do what He told me. When I came away from my time with the Lord, I felt joyful for the first time in a long time, knowing that God had forgiven my sin and would help me change. It was so refreshing! :)

On to the more interesting part.
The retreat was at Cherokee Cove in the mountains of Tennessee. And oh my, what pretty views! Here are some pictures from the trip there Friday.




On the way there, we stopped at the Annex Mast General Store. They had lots of neat stuff. I really liked this one shirt they had.

Part of the store was all candy. I wish I would've gotten a picture inside, but all I got was the sign. Oh well, you'll just have to use your imagination. ;)

flowers outside the store

When we got to our cabin, we had some time to hang out before dinner. There was a cool two-seat swing in the back yard.

The back of our cabin.

the mountain view

sunset

inside the cabin

early morning mist

I thought this was cute.

At each bed, there was a Bible verse. This is the one at my bed. It was just what I needed to hear. :)

on our way down the mountain
God is so good!

No comments: