Tuesday, December 22, 2009

(no title)

I think I overdid it yesterday. I had a cold and my throat was extremely sore, yet I still went to work and talked for 9 hours on headset for drive-thru. By the end I could barely talk.
My voice isn't any better today, so all I can do is whisper. Oh well, at least I'm not working today. Later I'm planning to go shopping and pretend I'm Deaf (since I can't talk). That should be fun. :)

I decided I'm not going to school next semester. There's nothing I really want to study for, so I figured it would be better to not spend money on taking classes I don't need. The only problem is, I don't want to stay at Chick-fil-A forever. I want to do something different, but there's nothing else I want to do. Hmm.....

Oh, I recently bought all 6 Harry Potter movies on DVD. I'm happy we have them now, 'cause we can watch them whenever we want. I just love those movies!

I know I stole this from my sister's blog, but I thought it was great so I'm posting it. :)


You Know You're From Charlotte When...


1. You can't drive a mile in any direction without seeing yet another Harris Teeter

2. You know someone who has hit a deer while driving

3. You understand that Charlotte has four seasons: Humid, Very Humid, Insanely Humid, and Christmas

4. You thought Discovery Place was the best thing ever when you were a kid

5. People clean out the grocery stores whenever snow is forecast, and then it snows a quarter of an inch (or not at all)

6. You remember when Charlotte had a real basketball team

7. Everyone wears flip-flops in January...and can get away with it

8. No matter what you do or where you go, some crazy SUV driver will cut you off

9. You know that barbecue is a noun, not a verb

10. There is a Starbucks in every single shopping center

11. You know the Charlotte Knights are not even in North Carolina, let alone Charlotte

12. You know someone who works for BofA or Wachovia

13. You know to give directions that bypass that infamous intersection: Queens Road and Queens Road

14. You are scared to leave home for more than three months for fear that new development will cause you to get lost on the return trip

15. You know to never, EVER drive from Matthews to Waxhaw on Providence Road at 5:00. Under ANY circumstances

16. You've been to Kate's Skates with your youth group on a Monday night

17. You can drive through previously rural areas around the city, naming which neighborhoods, apartment complexes and schools used to be cow pastures and peach fields

18. You question the "photo enforced" speed limit signs along Pineville-Matthews Road; are they real? Let me drive a little faster and find out...

19. You sometimes wonder if the city motto is "We're better than Raleigh"

20. You know that the Arboretum isn't a place where they grow trees

21. You are already driving 10mph over the speed limit and a police car passes you because you are driving too slow

22. You drive straight on one road for 5 miles and it has already changed names 4 times

23. Every summer you got season tickets to Carowinds, and used them only twice

24. Cars' turn signal bulbs never burn out (from inactivity)

25. Red means "stop", green means "go", and yellow means "floor it!"

1 comment:

morgan joy said...

lol those are funny... and so true.