Sunday, January 10, 2010

life's moving slow

This song by FM Static kind of describes my life right now.

It we take our time
I bet we can all find
The things in life worth living for

One thing I know is that when life's moving slow
I'm not out here on my own
I've got You to get me through this


My life seems to be moving very slow. I'm not in school, and I'm not content with my job any more. I used to love my job, but now it feels a little burdensome. Maybe that's because all my leaders at work say I'm one of their best employees, so I feel like I have to live up to their expectations of me. I'm so tired of trying to do my best, I just want to give up.

I know that God's grace is sufficient for me, but that truth isn't really helping me right now.

Sorry you have to read all this complaining. =( I hope I didn't discourage you, and I'll try not to post this kind of stuff too much....


On a happier note, this Thursday the M28 Big meetings start again. =) And REKINDLE is just 2 months away! It's going to be so much fun this year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em

You don't have to be perfect, you don't have to live up to everyone's expectations, you can stop striving and rest. There is peace for your soul and rest and forgiveness for your heart, come to the open arms of the father.

Be confident in this very thing that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ Phil 1:6

He is the one who began the work and he is the one that will perform the work in you. Let go, relax in the hand of a loving potter.

Isaiah 32:17 (King James Version)
17And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.


"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest... For my yoke is easy and My burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

Romans 4
1What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?
2For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
3For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
4Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
5But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

In Love from a sister in Christ.
May peace, joy and quiet contentment be yours Emily.

Let your heart be encouraged!

Anonymous said...

"I'm so tired of trying to do my best, I just want to give up.

I know that God's grace is sufficient for me, but that truth isn't really helping me right now."

If you have trusted in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, then you have the Spirit of God to give your rest and strength. (If you haven't, then I would encourage you to call on Jesus today- John 3/Romans 10). You can actually feel, and enjoy the presence of His Spirit living in you. You can freely come to Jesus and be refreshed and get drink from the River of Life, without cost.

"...whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." John 4:13,14

If His Spirit lives in you, then ask the Lord to fill you up and give you a drink.

"Does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you because you observe the law, or because you believe what you heard?" Galatians 3:5

Ask the Lord to give you rest. It's free. And, surround yourself with Christians that believe that we are freed from the Law (Romans 7, & all of Galatians) and live in the New Covenant. "...for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." 2 Cor 3:6