Friday, April 16, 2010

ok

So, quite a few people still read my blog. This makes me happy. =)

On Sunday, I faced my fear of going underwater and got baptized. Here's my testimony that I shared:

When I was 8 years old, I prayed the sinners' prayer, just so I could say that I did it. But it was evident by my life that I was not saved. I was a slave to sin. I was living for myself. And I was miserable.
I didn't realize why this was, until God showed me that I needed Him. I was a senior in high school when God saved me from my sins and helped me choose to live for Him instead of myself.
Over the past 2 years, God has done some amazing things for me. It's hard to believe how much God has changed me. I am a totally different person than I was 2 years ago, all thanks to the awesome grace of God.
Jesus is truly my best friend, and I want to live for Him. I pray that this never changes.

Isn't our God so amazing? =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you, Emily!! I waited several years to get baptized as well, because I was scared to cry in front of everybody. Pride. argh.

I meant to hug you, but we left early. =( How was it facing the water?
~mee

Emily said...

thanks for being happy for me. =D
sorry you had to leave early! =(
it actually wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be. i did choke on the water, 'cause i didn't know you were supposed to breath /out/ when you go under. but i didn't drown! =) God was so good to help me face my fear! thanks for praying for me, friend. =)