Sunday, October 24, 2010

"Behold, I am doing a new thing."

Thus says the Lord, "Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?" ~Isaiah 43:18-19

I've been dwelling on the past a lot lately, wishing things in my life were still as they used to be. But this passage clearly says I'm not supposed to think too deeply about the past. Instead, I should be thankful for the new things that God has for me now.

Actually, thinking back a year ago, I realize I was not as strong in the Lord then compared to now. So really I should not want to go back to how things were then. God has taught me so much, I should not want to lose those lessons just so things could be the way they were before. I should rejoice at how God has changed me, and face my current circumstances with faith. Even though I don't particularly like my circumstances, I must trust that God will use them to grow me even more to be like Jesus.
_______________________________________________________________

A few updates:

-I have the first chapter of Philippians memorized now. :) Hopefully I'll stay motivated to memorize the whole book.

-I still haven't found a girl in M28 to reach out to. Maybe God wants to use me in other ways to speak to others, like being a cheerful servant.

-Work is getting hard for me. I /always/ do headset for drive-thru, so I don't enjoy it much anymore. I don't really see a point in me being there, 'cause I always do the same thing every day, and I'm not making a difference in others' lives. Plus, I'm tired from opening at work and then going to M28 at night. I wish I could stay home more, too. I feel like I don't see my family as much as I should.

But:
"Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say, It is well with my soul!"

No comments: