Monday, April 11, 2011

one year ago

One year ago today I was baptized. God has done some amazing things in my life in one year.

For one thing, He helped me memorize the book of Philippians. Yes, by His grace I've finished. I'm excited that I have this portion of God's Word in my mind. It did help that my M28 small group was studying Philippians as I was memorizing it. :)

Another thing is that He helped me grow in talking with other people. One year ago, I was almost afraid to start conversations with people. Now, I love asking customers at work questions to see how their day is, as well as college students at M28 meetings. God is so good!

Also, I think I've become more content and grown in trusting God. I do get sad sometimes when I see all the young couples at church and M28, and wish I had a boyfriend. But then God reminds me that His timing is perfect, and He will provide someone if it is His will for me. I need to grow in my passion for God and grow to be more like Jesus. If I focus on that, I won't have time to be discontent about being single; in fact, it will be a joy to serve God where I am right now!

Saturday evening there was a thunderstorm. At first when I looked out the window and saw the black clouds and the strong wind, I was afraid. (by the way, I've always had a fear of storms) But then God said, "This storm is not out of control. I am making this storm. Yes, the storm is powerful, /but/ it cannot do anything unless I make it do so. I am in /complete/ control." It was amazing how God helped me trust Him and brought me peace.

"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!" Philippians 4:6

1 comment:

Mom said...

This is so encouraging, Emily! God's grace is very evident in your life. It has been a joy to see you growing in your faith! He is good!