Wednesday, October 9, 2013

my last 24 hours

A few weeks ago, I came across this icebreaker question: If you only had 24 hours left to live, how would you spend it?

I've been thinking about that question (I know, not the most cheerful thing to ponder), and I decided what I would do in my last 24 hours. I would thank each of my friends and family for all the kind things they've done for me, tell them everything that I've learned from them, and encourage them by pointing out ways I see God working in them.

Why is this my answer? Because I know it must be hard for anyone to be a friend to me. I'm so introspective that quite often I selfishly get lost in my own thoughts - thoughts that are mainly about myself, what I'm going through, what I want, ect. I rarely open up to people, and I don't know how to truly love others or let people love me. So, I would want people to know how much I appreciate their kindness and friendship. And I do enjoy encouraging others, 'cause it helps them see areas of growth that they might not have seen on their own.

You know, I might just do this. November is coming up, and it's the 'month of thanksgiving'. Last year, I posted every day something I'm thankful for. Maybe this year I'll post about 1 or 2 friends each day, since I am thankful for my friends. Sounds like a good idea to me! :)

And here's a quote from pastor Jonathan at Renovatus: The ultimate consummation and goal of the Christian life is to love others in the way that Christ loves us.



   

No comments: