Tuesday, August 26, 2014

I have decided

This hymn is very true for me right now:

"I have decided to follow Jesus
I have decided to follow Jesus
I have decided to follow Jesus
No turning back
No turning back"

After recent conversations I've had about God/religion, I had some doubts about Christianity. So, I did some really deep thinking about my beliefs and whether or not they are completely true. I've come to the exciting conclusion that God is real, the Bible is true and trustworthy, and Jesus is my Savior. The reason this conclusion is so exciting (apart from the fact that I have a relationship with my Creator) is that I came to it on my own. No one told me that this is what is true, I became convinced of these things myself, based on what I've experienced and seen others experience and based on what I've read in Scripture.

So, I can really sing the above hymn with my whole heart. /I/ have decided (no one decided for me) to follow Jesus! :) I am so thankful to God that He helped me truly own my faith.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is awesome! You are a huge encouragement to me Emily! I am so thankful to be a part of your life.