Monday, November 2, 2009

God is so good!

October was a very good month. It certainly was hard, but it was a good kind of hard.

I thought I had my life straightened out. Then I realized I was miserable. I didn't feel God near me, and I had trouble rejoicing in my circumstances. I tried to figure out what was going on, but didn't get anywhere.

Then God spoke to me through a prophetic word at an M28 meeting. He showed me my sin that was keeping me from enjoying His presence. So I prayed over the next few days that God would help me change, and by His grace, I overcame the sin. I was full of joy for a while, then became downcast again. I was so confused. Why, when I just had a victory, did I suddenly lose my joy?

God again spoke to me through a message at M28. Surprise, surprise, there was another sin I needed to deal with. I was tempted to be discouraged, but God reminded me that He never changes. He was faithful to help me overcome one sin, and He will always be faithful to help me overcome any and every sin that I struggle with. And, praise be to God, He gave me the victory again.

Through those two battles with sin, I learned that I cannot get by without God. I need Him in my life. Prayer is more important to me now than it ever was before, and I love getting up in the morning to read God's Word. My relationship with Jesus is the most important thing in my life right now, and I dearly hope that never changes. I am so joyful! :)

"My heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices. For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let Your holy one see corruption. You make known to me the path of life; in Your presence there is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16:9-11

"Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!" Psalm 34:8

God is so good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I write this cause several of your posts seem like you are struggling to get right with God, and stay right with God. Think about the following for a minute...

"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in his blood through faith." Romans 3:23-25

"But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness..." Romans 4:5

"Therefore, having been justified by faith we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ..." Romans 5:1

"that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved... for 'Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.'" Romans 10:8-13

"That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, attained righteousness, even the righteousness which is by faith; but Israel, pursuing a law of righteousness, did not arrive at that law. Why? because they did not pursue it by faith, but as though it were by works..." Romans 9:30-32

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest... For my yoke is easy and My burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

again, think on these verses...