Wednesday, August 11, 2010

new opportunity

Yesterday Anna told me that I'm going to be in charge of the food team for M28. I'm excited! :) And a little nervous. I tend to be more of a follower than a leader, and this will be my first time being in charge of a group. Basically all it will involve will be setting up and taking down the snacks at meetings, and recruiting people to help with that. Doesn't seem like that much, but I'm not sure how I'll be as a leader.
This reminds me of what I just read in the book When People are big and God is Small: "When a heart is being filled with the greatness of God, there is less room for the question, 'What are people going to think of me?' "
I need to keep my focus on God while I'm leading. That way I'll be less likely to worry about what people think of my leadership. And hopefully, if I'm looking to God, He will help me lead in a way that serves Him and others.
Wow, lately I've had so many opportunities to grow in dependence on God. He knows just what I need to stop relying on myself and look to Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats, Emily. That's a neat opportunity to do something new and exciting to serve others. and it involves food. how much better can it get?
you'll do great. just keep trusting God.
love ya
~mee

mezzi rifle case said...

good luck!