Sunday, June 12, 2011

brief update

Friday night I had the privilege of serving at our youth group end-of-year celebration. It was my third time helping, and I always enjoy it. I love being there to see awards being given to the young man and woman who most exemplify Christ. It's encouraging to hear how these young people devote themselves to God, because they represent the future of our church. The youth of our church love the Lord, so by His grace our future looks bright. =)
Serving with friends is fun as well. We helped set up tables with cupcakes and other desserts, and a water/coffee table. Then during the event we restocked the food and drinks, and manned the popcorn machine. Afterward we cleaned up, and even got to use the photo booth we rented for the teens. Fun!
Here are some pictures.

The decorations were really colorful this year! This is the entrance to the auditorium.

they made a huge canopy out of streamers



two of the lovely helpers, Kasey and Samantha

one of the dessert tables

the popcorn maker

Sorry if you can't see this one very well. It's most of the helpers, having fun with the photo booth. (if you click on the picture you can see it better)

______________________________________________________
Also last week I got a gift from a friend. It's a license plate frame for my car, and it matches my steering wheel cover. ^_^

No comments: