Friday, October 27, 2017

Many Blessings

So many happy/exciting things happened in the past 2.5 weeks!
  • Anna had her baby on the 10th - a boy! William is so cute, and Claire likes him already. :)
  • We found out another Whitaker cousin is due in March, so Claire will have 3 younger cousins by Springtime. 
  • Quentin had his 32nd birthday. Claire and I surprised him at his work during lunch break, which was very fun. :) I enjoyed meeting Quentin's co-workers, and they all loved Claire. 
  • Two Saturdays ago, we hiked at Crowder's Mountain, where Quentin and I met 4 years ago. It was fun reminiscing about that first day of seeing each other. 
  • This past weekend, I went on a retreat with the ladies from our church. We stayed at a beautiful house in Boone. I enjoyed getting to know some of the ladies better, and having extra time to focus on Jesus and what it means to find joy in Him. (the theme of the retreat was Fighting for Joy) It was hard leaving Claire (first time leaving her overnight), but Quentin did an amazing job of taking care of her while I was away. I'm so thankful that Claire has such a good daddy.
  • Christianne and Mika got engaged on Sunday! So very happy and excited for them! They've been dating for a few years, and it's clear that they belong together. :) 

Wow, all that in just 2.5 weeks. God has truly blessed us.
Here are a few pictures.

                                                            holding baby William

                                           the house we stayed in at the retreat

                                         the mountain view

                           we made s'mores and sang to Jesus around the fire in the evening.

Oh, yeah, I'm actually excited about Halloween this year. Quentin's nephew has a birthday on Nov. 1, but he's having his party a day early, and will include trick-or-treating. I bought a costume for Claire yesterday, and can't wait to take her around the neighborhood. She'll be so cute! I'll post again after, so I can share her cuteness. :)

Guess that's all for now. I'll also share more of what I learned at the retreat later.

No comments: