Monday, December 8, 2008

random stuff

Yesterday we had our Chick-fil-A Christmas party. It was so fun! I'll only post a few pictures, since no one knows my co-workers. :P

Nahum. He's hilarious.


David, Bethany, Sam, Anna, Wes.


Our wonderful boss, his wife, and their youngest daughter.


Today was another slow Monday at work. Why do Mondays always go so slow?

We sang "A Mighty Fortress" yesterday at church. One verse really stuck out to me.

Did we in our own strength confide
Our striving would be losing
Were not the right man on our side
The man of God's own choosing
You ask who that may be
Christ Jesus it is He
The Lord of Hosts his name
From age to age the same
On earth is not his equal

It made me realize that I've been trusting in my own strength a lot lately. I've been thinking I can get by without meeting with God. But if I don't meet with Him, then no matter how hard I try to be more like Him, I will fail. I need a fresh passion for God, so I will want to meet with Him every day. By the grace of God, I will grow in my love for Him.

Guess that's all for now.

3 comments:

Emily said...

great pictures! lokks like fun!

That is a very powerful song. We talked about that last night in care group. very good.

Joy. said...

Oh.. I know Bethany!

I love that song!
And.. I've been relying on my own strength alot too.
I'll be praying for you.

Emily said...

thanks girls! :)

where did you meet Bethany?