Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and a happy New Year!

Here are a few of my 2012 highlights:
  • adopting our cat Tiger Lily. She is such a fun addition to our family!
  • graduating from Southeastern Institute, and getting my massage therapist license. Also starting my job at Massage Therapy Studios with a wonderful Christian boss.
  • Anna and Andrew's wedding! =D
  • having lots of time to hang out with my friends and get to know them better. All my friends are so amazing, and I'm blessed beyond words by each of them. 
My goal for 2013: Break some of my bad habits and replace them with good ones. By God's grace I can reach my goal.

In other news, I finally understand why I've never found it easy to talk to people. It's because God made me that way; I'm an introvert. And there's nothing wrong with that. Here's something I read, "According to estimates, extraverts outnumber introverts by about three to one. Introverts often find that other people try to change them or even suggest that there is something "wrong" with them. Nothing could be further from the truth. While introverts make up a smaller portion of the population, there is no right or wrong personality type."
I did some research on introversion, and it makes complete sense! Now I won't be tempted to feel like a failure whenever I try to engage in group conversation but end up walking away instead. I will keep trying, though. I just know now that it will never be easy for me, no matter how many times I've tried before. Thank you, Lord, for making this clear to me!

Any questions on what it means to be an introvert? I'd be happy to answer them. :) 

No comments: