Monday, May 27, 2013

(a few of) My Friends

I want to take a minute to talk about a few of the amazing, wonderful friends I've been blessed with. Most everything I write about each person is from what I have observed/learned about them in the times we've been together. It's what I admire most about them, apart from their love of Jesus. Yep, my friends are pretty swell. :)


Cara is probably my closest girl friend now. We're doing a Bible study/accountability together, which I really enjoy. I tell her pretty much everything that's going on in my life, and she listens attentively. She is very graceful and enjoys dancing (she's quite good at it too!). She is kind to everyone and is always willing to pray for others when they need it. She is ladylike, self-controlled, and modest in dress and character. We both like a lot of the same things, which makes it fun to hang out with her. I've learned several things from her through our talks together, for which I'm grateful.        

Tim calls himself a social misfit and a nerd, but I see in him an extremely gifted, intelligent young man. He enjoys - to name a few: the outdoors, photography, words (he works for Wikipedia), and NASCAR (if we mention something that happens to be a sponsor, he'll say enthusiastically "Guess what? That's a NASCAR sponsor!"). Tim is a very thoughtful and caring person. He often gives people compliments, asks how they're doing, looks for ways to bless them(he's excellent at this!), and really tries to understand them. He also has a wonderful sense of humor - he makes me laugh at least once every time we talk - and he's not afraid to laugh at himself. I admire this, because I tend to take myself and life too seriously.

Josiah, I can honestly say, is becoming one of my best friends. I can talk to him about almost anything, and he'll always give good advise/encouragement. He has a joyful, outgoing personality, and a hearty laugh that makes me smile. He is very intelligent and enjoys learning new things (I've been teaching him a bit of sign language, and he always seems eager to learn), which is good because he's in nursing school. He will be an excellent nurse - he has a kind and compassionate nature that comes out when he's inquiring how people are doing. Josiah is also chivalrous and selfless. He treats girls with respect and looks after them well - helps them carry things, walks them to their car, opens the door for them, etc. He puts others before himself and often looks for ways to serve at events or get-togethers.

Jessie loves life. She always has a smile on her face, and can often be heard singing random songs. She usually has a "pep to her step" and keeps her words positive, which encourages me to have a positive attitude as well. I am very fond of her laugh, in all its various, unique forms (yes, she has several different laughs, which is great!). Jessie and I are both in the post-college stage of life, so we understand one another quite well. I'm blessed to call her one of my best friends.        

Kasey is (according to her own words) a spaz. She normally has lots of energy and hardly ever stops moving. I enjoy hanging out with her because she brings out the extrovert part of me, and she's just lots of fun to be around. She enjoys singing, cutting hair, and quoting funny movie lines.        

Tiffany is kinda my cheerleader. I haven't known her long, but she's always excited to see me. She also gets excited for me when I share exciting things. (Wow, I used the same word a lot.) I'm glad she's a part of M28.     

Jeorge has lots of "Jesus Christ swag". He's a great encourager and always willing to pray for others. He tries to stay positive, and does a great job of keeping a smile on my face when I feel down.

Alex H. (had to put his last initial 'cause I know so many Alex's) is like my brother, 'cause we've been through a lot together. He's very handy at fixing things, enjoys working on cars, and gives great hugs. He's good at making sure I don't take life too seriously, and that I stay safe.
______________________________________________________________ 

So, those are just /some/ of my wonderful friends. I am so blessed by each of them! (I could keep going, but I don't want to bore you with stuff about people you might not know.)

No comments: