Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A day at the beach

I finally did something on my summer bucket list - went on a spontaneous day-cation at the beach. Hannah came with me, and we had fun in the perfect-temperature ocean and sand. :) I didn't take many pictures of the actual beach, but here are the ones I did take:



We had quite an adventure getting there - lots of rain and u-turns. Then at the beach we found a shark tooth, watched as swimmers kept ignoring the lifeguard (his whistle got annoying), and saw a police officer arrest someone for giving alcohol to a minor. On the way home, we saw a gorgeous sunset. I took pictures of it while I was driving. (I know, not smart, but it was too pretty to pass up)






So, that's one thing checked off my summer bucket list. I'd still like go find an open field and look for shapes in the clouds, start doing yoga, fix some of my clothes that are too big, and go camping. We'll see how many I can get done before August.

And since it's Wednesday, here's a random fact about me. I don't entirely trust electronics, so I write almost everything down and keep receipts for everything. I even look up directions and write them down before I go somewhere, just in case my GPS doesn't work. Call me weird, but I prefer having a piece of paper instead of looking at a computer-type screen.

No comments: