Friday, June 7, 2013

Test Results and Fun Times

Well, I got my test results back, and everything is normal. But I found out I have acid reflux. So, I've changed my diet a little bit and started drinking baking soda in water. That has helped a lot. Also, I believe that my worrying and being stressed about stuff, made my 'problem' worse than it actually was. I thought that something was really wrong with me, and I kept trying to figure out what it was and was so worried about being sick. That alone most likely caused me to get so many upset stomachs. Add to that: stress from various aspects of life and having acid reflux, and you can imagine how sick I've been lately.
But, by God's grace I have started being less anxious about my health and life in general. I still have to grow a /lot/ in trusting God, but I've come farther than I ever have. A passage in Scripture that has been a big help is Isaiah 26:3-4 "You keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in You. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal."
I've read this every day for the past couple weeks, and God has used it to help me keep my thoughts from going down the 'worry lane'. God is so good, and kind, and has blessed me richly!

------- Now on to the less serious stuff. -------

 
Sunday evening was so fun! I got to hang out with some of my best friends and watch a Shakespeare play outside. We got rained on, but I like the rain so it was nice. :) Here's my favorite picture from the evening:






Last week I went to Reedy Creek Park by myself. It was relaxing to just sit and listen to the sounds of nature, and not think about what I had to do later (or anything really). I like this perk of being an introvert. :)
I took some photos too.



Can you find the little fish? (just to the right of center)



1 comment:

Cara said...

Nice pictures! The find-the-fish one was fun :)