Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Random Fact Wednesday (9)

Happy Hump Day! :)

Today's random fact about me: I clean up messes and fix things, even if they aren't mine. It's just a habit, possibly springing from the fact that I have a kind nature. For example, whenever I see dirty dishes in the sink, I don't think twice about putting them in the dishwasher or washing them. If there's trash on the floor, even in a public restroom, I pick it up and throw it in the trash (Don't worry, I wash my hands thoroughly afterward!) because I don't want anyone else to have to deal with it.

Several times, my "helpful habit" has led to me feeling like I'm the only one doing any work, but it's my own fault. Perhaps I need to cut back on how much I do for other people, or else learn to rejoice in the fact that God gave me a servant's heart and 'press on'.

I'll end with a random quotable quote from Pirates of the Caribbean. "A dishonest man, you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you have to watch out for. You never know when they might do something stupid."

No comments: