Sunday, November 10, 2013

update + Month of Thanksgiving

It's been a while since I wrote. A lot has happened, yet not much in my life has changed.

Last Monday I took a spontaneous road trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway. I began near Stone Mountain and ended near Blowing Rock. The views were so amazing, I stopped at pretty much every overlook area. Here are a few pictures. They don't do the real thing justice by a long shot.












It was good to spend a day alone admiring creation. Would have been more fun if I had someone to share it with, but I can't have everything.

Oh, right it's the Month of Thanksgiving. I'm gonna just copy & paste my FB statuses.

#1 I am thankful for doctors who can give me a diagnosis & medicine to hopefully help me feel better.

#2 I'm thankful for delicious fresh veggies to eat. Don't know what I'd do without my daily salad.

#3 Today I'm thankful for the lovely fall weather in which I'm going on a fun road trip with Thomasson.

#4 I'm thankful for a day to be alone and reflect on some things.

#5 I'm thankful for my oven and my love of baking. Also thankful for my enjoyment in sharing my baked confections with others. (because I definitely could not eat everything I bake!)

#6 I'm thankful for a good night's sleep, even though it was only 5.5 hours. 

#7 I'm thankful for the super exciting phone call I received yesterday from Massage Envy, in which they told me I'm hired & I start work on Wednesday!

#8 I'm thankful for the opportunity to try new things, like a hookah bar (which was definitely interesting, but fun) and a mojito (which was actually quite tasty). Yay for trying new things!

#9 I'm thankful for coats, scarves, gloves, and other warm clothes to wear in layers when it's cold outside.

#10 I'm thankful for the glorious 67 degree weather today.        

1 comment:

Cara said...

You got some beautiful pictures! ;)