Wednesday, August 5, 2015

I'm Back

It's been almost 5 months since I last posted. That's because my laptop is broken, and I've been too lazy to figure out my password to log in on Quentin's.

These past months have been the best ones ever! Mainly because I'm married now. =D I know, that's what most newlyweds say. But it's true. I would not trade my marriage to Quentin for anything in the world.

Oh yeah, I updated my look and name of this blog. It's more for us now instead of just me. The reason behind the name is that it's only by the grace of God that we met each other and fell in love, and only by the grace of God that we can have a successful lasting marriage which reflects Christ.

The first month of marriage was tough, because Quentin was working 2 jobs, one of which was night shift. We didn't see each other much, even with me not working. But God gave us strength to persevere in that time, and blessed us in early May with Quentin's dream job. He is now working day shift as a landscape designer for a prominent company, which is what he's always wanted to do. And he gets to do the design drawings at home a lot, which is an added bonus. We are so grateful for this job, and hope Quentin will be in it for many years.

I've decided that I'm not going to pursue another job, unless we need it. We are financially doing well right now. I have always wanted to be a homemaker (aka stay at home wife), so I am ecstatic that I get to do that! =D Maybe this time next year, I will be a stay at home mom too. We'll see.

You're probably wanting to see some wedding photos, so here are a few. God gave us the perfect weather for our wedding in March.

my good friend Kasey fixed my hair
Copyright Fingerprint Design Studios

St. Mark's is such a beautiful church!
 Copyright Fingerprint Design Studios

Quentin's mom helped with all the flowers, and did an amazing job with them!
Copyright Fingerprint Design Studios

The groomsmen, with Quentin in front
Copyright Fingerprint Design Studios

bridal portrait
Copyright Fingerprint Design Studios

 me and my beautiful bridal party
Copyright Fingerprint Design Studios

 Quentin's face when he first saw me walking in
Copyright Fingerprint Design Studios

 Dad walking me down the aisle
 Copyright Fingerprint Design Studios

 saying our vows
Copyright Fingerprint Design Studios

 unity candle
Copyright Fingerprint Design Studios

 I love this picture of right after our kiss! (I stood on a stool during this)
 Copyright Fingerprint Design Studios

the Sweigart clan
Copyright Fingerprint Design Studios

the Whitaker clan
Copyright Fingerprint Design Studios

 the entire wedding party
Copyright Fingerprint Design Studios

 a few couple shots
 Copyright Fingerprint Design Studios

 Copyright Fingerprint Design Studios
 Copyright Fingerprint Design Studios
 Copyright Fingerprint Design Studios

cutting the cake
Copyright Fingerprint Design Studios

 I got him with icing!
Copyright Fingerprint Design Studios

our get-away car
Copyright Fingerprint Design Studios

 and the grand exit
 Copyright Fingerprint Design Studios

It was such a wonderful day. Could not have asked for better. And I could not have asked for a better husband. Quentin is the perfect match for me. Many of my weaknesses are his strengths and viceversa, so we balance each other very well. He is such a loving, kind, generous, hard-working man, committed to living for Christ. I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband!

No comments: