Monday, January 5, 2009

the great exchange

Jesus Christ became a sinner to die instead of you, and He gave you His perfect sinless life as if you had lived that life yourself.
God looks at you and sees Christ's righteousness. He declares you righteous, even though you are not. Your righteousness will never change, because Christ's righteousness never changes. Jesus' holy life is what makes you acceptable to God, not your own life. So do away with yourself and trust in Jesus Christ!

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My comforter, my all in all
Here in the love of Christ I stand
____________________________________________________________________

On a completely different note, business is going really slow right now at work. I think it's because it's the beginning of a new year, but it's a little scary how much it's slowed down recently.

And, I'm trying to write a story. I've been working on it for years, but now I'm starting over, because the plot was getting way too complicated. I really hope I can figure out a better plot.

By the way, the first part of this post was from the message on Sunday. It was a great message!

3 comments:

Joy. said...

I Loved the sermon Sunday.
I also Love that song!

thanks for post this!

Emily said...

Ditto what BJ said :)

Emily said...

my pleasure. :)
i love posting this kind of stuff!