Friday, February 20, 2009

a few random ramblings

Yesterday at ASL class, we learned about the structure of ASL sentences. They are signed in the object-subject-verb order, instead of the subject-verb-object order of English. And to say something in past tense, you sign "finished" before you sign the verb in the sentence. It's a little bit confusing, but it's neat. I really love learning another language. :)

Today at work someone in drive-thru wanted a hot brownie. Well, we keep our brownies in the fridge and we don't have a microwave, so, I had to tell him, "Sorry we can't do that." It was pretty amusing, 'cause as soon as he heard that he said, "Never mind," and drove away.

Sorry if those two ^ were boring...

I had an easier time talking at M28 care group this Wednesday, 'cause we split into guys' group and girls' group. I don't really like talking with a big group of guys and girls. When it's a small group or just girls, I feel more comfortable. I need to work on that.

So many people I know have colds right now. I don't like it when others are sick. :(

I like mochas. That's the only way I'll drink coffee. It's so good!

I need to go to Wal-mart.

Rekindle is in sixteen days! Oh my gosh!

2 comments:

Aly said...

I like the story about the warm brownie. I need to get to Wal-mart, too, but I probaly won't get there anytime soon.

Emily said...

ASL sounds very interesting :)

Yeah, smaller groups make it easier to talk for sure. In a big group, sometimes is feels more like a speech. I don't like that feeling.