Sunday, March 15, 2009

another post about Rekindle

I know I just posted, but, I want to share what God did in my life at Rekindle.

Before I left, I didn't feel like I belonged with the college group. I didn't really enjoy the meetings, because I only knew a few people and I only talked to the people I knew. But at Rekindle, I was stuck with everyone for a week, so it was almost like I was forced to talk to different people. It was a little uncomfortable at first, but by the end of the week, I felt like I could talk to anyone and everyone in Mission28. They really feel like a second family. And now, I love talking with people. This is the first time in my life where I would rather talk with someone than be by myself. And I'm so happy! :) It's like God lifted a huge burden off my shoulders. It's so amazing!

Also, I've grown in fellowship with others. I would much rather talk about God and what I'm learning in my devotions than what I've been up to at work or school. That's purely a work of God, because before Rekindle, I didn't think like that.

Isn't our God amazing?

On a side note, I got really bad carpet burn the last day we were there, 'cause I was racing and fell and slid. I don't know how long carpet burns usually take to heal, but my knee still really hurts, especially when I bend it. Maybe it's more than a carpet burn?

Hope everyone has a great week! :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

That's amazing Emily! God is most definitely amazing!

Hope your carpet burn heals!