Saturday, September 12, 2015

Day 4

Last night we went to a parenting class with our church, 'cause it's never too early to start getting prepared. Seriously. A few couples there said, "I wish we would have gone to a class like this before we had kids." We are blessed to be able to get guidance before kids.

One thing that stood out to me was that the Bible is not a manual for parenting, it is a framework. God never goes into detail about how you should raise your children. He gives you guidelines. Then He gives you wisdom when you ask for it in prayer - wisdom to know the more specific ways you can/should raise the children He gives you. Aside from the guidelines in Scripture, there is no "right way" to be a parent.

This comes as a relief, 'cause I know I don't have to do everything "right", but it also is intimidating 'cause I know I have to figure things out when the time comes. However, I have hope knowing that God will show me the best way to raise children and the grace to do it too, if I come to Him and ask for help.

God is good!

No comments: