Monday, September 14, 2015

Restart Day 1

I missed a day already, so I'm starting back at day 1. I'm gonna get through this time!

I like taking recipes and experimenting with modifications. Sometimes they don't turn out so good, like the time I made lemon bread using dates instead of sugar and applesauce instead of oil. (one word: doughy) But other times they turn out great, like a cookie recipe I tried.





Doesn't it look yummy?

Here's the original recipe, from cupcakesomg.blogspot.com

1 cup almond butter
1/4 cup honey
1 egg
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Mix all ingredients together. Place by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.


And, here is my variation. Same mixing instructions, just slightly different ingredients.

1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup almond meal
1/4 cup honey
1 flax egg (1 Tbls. ground flax seed mixed with 3 Tbls. water, let sit for 2 minutes)
1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)

You should try out both recipes some time. :) And have fun experimenting with your own recipe modifications!

No comments: