Wednesday, September 9, 2015

30 day challenge - day 1

I'm challenging myself to post something on this blog for 30 days in a row. Not just a meaningless "here's my post for today", but something worthwhile. If I miss a day, I start over. We'll see how this goes.

So, you know how when you use a juicer, there's a lot of vegetable/fruit "meat" leftover? I've come up with two yummy ideas to use the pulp/flesh/meat instead of throwing it in the trash.
1) Mix it with some oats and seasonings, squish it together, form a round patty, and fry it in a pan on the stove. Now you have a veggie burger!
2) Mix in some seasonings, stir-fry it with oil, and add it to rice or noodles (by itself is great too). Voila, healthy, tasty vegetable stir-fry.

You could probably use it in bread as well, like for zucchini or carrot bread, just be sure to squeeze out any excess juice first.

Have fun juicing! :)

No comments: