Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Day 9

I can choose to be grateful.

Instead of complaining about the extremely low water pressure in our apartment, I can be grateful that we have clean water coming directly to us with the turn of a faucet.
Instead of complaining that I have to wash dishes, I can be grateful for dish soap and the fact that we have dishes that need to be washed 'cause that means we have food on our plates.
Instead of complaining about "lady stuff", I can be grateful that my body is functioning properly.
Instead of complaining when I make a mistake, I can be grateful that I will learn from it and do better next time.
Instead of complaining about exercising, I can be grateful for the ability to move my muscles efficiently. (some people can't, you know)
Instead of complaining when I get bored, I can be grateful that I have some down time instead of having to work all the time.

I hope that every time I'm tempted to complain, I can turn it around and be grateful instead. It does make me feel more blessed when I do that. :) You should try it!

1 comment:

Cara said...

I missed this post before, somehow! But it's perfect :)